So, here it is, the final Coffee Spot Awards Shortlist for 2019, the only one that you, my readers, decide. It’s the “Most Popular Coffee Spot” Award, which is based on the total number of views received by each Coffee Spot in 2019, although this year I’ve tweaked the rule slightly and included Coffee Spots published within the last two months of 2018.
Last year this was won last year by Decent Espresso with 1,109 views. This year, of the 15 most viewed, 14 are Coffee Spots, with 11 from the UK. There’s also just one Saturday Supplement. This is, in some ways, my favourite Award since I don’t have to make any decisions. After 19 shortlists, it’s quite a relief not to have to decide who’s in and who’s out!
You can see the shortlist after the gallery.
There are 15 Coffee Spots on the shortlist this year, all listed in order of publication.
East Coffee Company
The Steam Room
Omotesando Koffee, London
% Arabica, Shanghai Roastery
London Coffee Festival
Surrey Hills Coffee
I Will Kill Again
Bread, Espresso & Arashiyama Garden
A special mention needs to go to the following:
- Coffee Spot Guide to Reusable Cups: for the second year running, had it been published this year, it would have won with a massive 2,877 views!
- Sage Barista Express: third in 2017, when it was published, the Sage Barista Express would have come second last year and second again this year with 1,790 views!
- Hideout Coffee, despite being published in May 2018, Hideout Coffee would have finished third this year, with 1,788 views!
- Made by Knock: Aergrind: 2017’s winner still got over 1,000 views this year, which would have been good enough for fourth place this year.
- Decent Espresso, last year’s winner would have come in a creditable sixth this year with over 700 views.
Don’t forget to check out the other 19 Coffee Spot Awards for 2019.
If you liked this post, please let me know by clicking the “Like” button. If you have a WordPress account and you don’t mind everyone knowing that you liked this post, you can use the “Like this” button right at the bottom instead.
Don’t forget that you can share this post with your friends using the buttons below.